Sunday, June 27, 2010

Is it Time To Reinvent Yet Again???

Hi Everyone,
It's Sunday, June 27th and it's a beautiful day in NYC.
I just returned from a trip to Connecticut where I delivered a morning workshop to a group of healthcare workers.

I'm incredibly lucky... I love what I do. I have passion for my audiences, for my topics. I'm constantly tweaking to make it better and more purposeful.
I had wonderful side-bar conversations with some of the participants and their comments ranged from questions to "I don't know if I can do this."

Their questions/comments were usually things like:
1. I'm not happy, but I don't really think I can make any changes
2. I've been wanting to get a divorce for over 10 years, but haven't had the courage
3. What are some babysteps I can make?
4. Who can really be there to help me through the whole process?
5. Change is scary.

You get the drift.
We're all in that boat. We all want to make changes in our lives, whether it be small ones or large ones. Sometimes the changes have to do with what's "not" working and other times it's about wanting to try something new and different (and there's not necessarily anything wrong.)

I say that before we can make a change we need to Show Up,Be Willing, Tell ourselves the Truth and then Give Ourselves Permission.

So have you "shown up".... are you thinking about how things are and wondering if they could be different?
Are you willing to engage in the conversation with yourself and others ... just explore?
Can you tell the truth about what's working, what's not, where you're happy and where you're not, if making a change is viable considering where you are in your life right now?
And lastly, will you give yourself permission to actually take some steps, or dive in?

If you can answer yes, then it's time to move forward.

Reinvention is all around you. Just google the word. You'll see that GM is reinventing their company, BP and Toyota are reinventing their advertising, Lady Gaga is reinventing her look and her outrageousness every day. Government is reinventing it's policies. Businesses are reinventing their services and their products.

So, why shouldn't you take on reinventing yourself again...at whatever stage of life you're at?

I'm constantly thinking of what's next for me. Can I add a new service, start a new workshop, change my speaking topics, take my work on the road, write a new book?
Yesterday I went to see the Joan Rivers movie about her life and how she has been unstoppable and done whatever it takes to continue to perform, make money, work, feel purposeful. It was very inspiring. She is 75 and has no intention of slowing down. You should see what an ordinary day's schedule looks like in her life. It seems she never gives up, never sits down and just wastes time in front of the TV .. she is always "generating" what's next.

I invite you to take a look at how you're living your life.
Are you loving it?
Are you just surviving and muddling through OR are you thriving?
Are you yearning for more, but taking no action?
Are you excited about new things you want to do.

Remember what I always say: Do you want to die with your dreams inside you?

As always, I'm here to help... feel free to comment, ask questions, etc.
Til next time,
ann

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home